12 June 2009

Blog Bonk

Writing, Journaling, spilling out words, expressing myself…whatever it is, it’s something that I do a good job of avoiding. The most evident, conscious way I avoid it is through chemo and several subsequent days thereafter due to the agreement I made long ago that I be as close to perfect as I can be. Perfectionism seems to be the antithesis of creativity, especially when I’m new at placing my thoughts on paper, and trying to have them make any sense. In this regard, the lesson to be learned is that of opening the creative pathways in my brain (and spirit) and let the feelings, thoughts, etc. just spill out in whichever way they happen. This is quite the challenge to a meticulously minded perfectionist who’s ego battles to maintain an image that doesn’t exist…it’s imagined…I’ve never thought about the similarity in those word and the irony that exists between them until just now…oh well.

No comments: